San Diego, CA
Campervan Tech (Full-Time)
OEM reconditioning, maintenance, and campervan upgrades.
The Campervan Tech is responsible for three major operations:
1) Van Reconditioning Cleaning, painting, and fixing OEM parts and systems; including interior, exterior, and under hood maintenance.
2) Campervan Fleet Maintenance Perform preventive maintenance, safety & reliability inspections, and brake repairs. Assess vans for potential issues and fix as needed. Ensure proper functionality of all campervan equipment and components
3) Campervan systems installation Assist in the preparation and installation of camper van systems and upgrades such as solar, plumbing, insulation, windows, roof vents, car audio systems and more.
Reports To Build Director
Vancraft LLC is a unique and fast-growing company that manufactures, maintains, and rents custom-built campervans. We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We have a passion for travel and believe in the power of adventure.
- Break down various van components and prepare vans for installation
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit
- Follow paper-flow procedures including documenting correct mileage/hours
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturers specifications
- Perform final operational test on all vehicles to quality-check all repairs
- Install campervan systems: 12v wiring, batteries, insulation, curtains, tables, stoves, sinks, cabinets, and other campervan components
- Ensure proper functionality of all campervan equipment and components
- Assist with keeping the depot maintained in a clean and tidy manner
- Monitor condition of the vehicles being rented to ensure they meet state and federal guidelines as mandated. Essential for all vehicles to have sufficient tread on the tires, functioning brakes, lights and seat belts
- Cleaning and detailing campervans as needed
- Assist with the end of day close out procedures as needed
- A thorough understanding of automotive systems and maintenance.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail and organization.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast pace environment, understand and adapt to constructive criticisms and follow instructions.
- Polished professional presence and demeanor
- Team player
- Ability to make decisions and work with little supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple tasks with a positive attitude
- Dynamic, organized, detailed, and time management oriented
- At least 2 years in a related position
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age and have a clean driving record
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Remember to send your resume!