San Diego, CA
Rental Associate (Part-Time)
Checking rental customers in/out & ensuring a clean rental fleet.
The Rental Specialist is responsible for 2 major Operations:
1) Van Prep: Gutting, Cleaning, reconditioning used vans in preparation for camper conversion
2) Rentals: This position ensures vans are cleaned and detailed up to company standards. This individual is responsible for ensuring proper functionality of all elements of the campervan fit out such as the sink, refrigerators, lights, stove, and other components to confirm campervans are road-ready.
VanCraft LLC is a start-up and fast-growing campervan rental company that manufactures, maintains, and rents custom-built campervans. We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We have a passion for travel and believe in the power of adventure.
Our campervans are as much hotels [on wheels] as they are vehicles. They have bedding, kitchen tables, curtains, and lots of nooks and crannies which get exposed to the elements while on camping trips. With that in mind, people with housekeeping/detailing experience really flourish in this role and are highly encouraged to apply!!!
- Provide warm and enthusiastic customer service throughout the entire rental process
- Provide customers exceptional service throughout the campervan pickup/return processes
- Ensure that customer questions, complaints and issues are resolved or escalated/routed to the appropriate person
- Maintain check-in/out forms and legal documents throughout the entire rental process
- Assist with the end of day close out procedure and in-person van checkouts
- Encourage customers to provide social media contact & feedback
- Convey any issues to management as they arise
- Ensure the depot is maintained in a clean and tidy manner
- Launder campervan bedding, clean and maintain camping gear and accessories.
- Keep propane and water systems topped off
- Monitor condition of the vehicles being rented to ensure they meet state and federal guidelines as mandated. Essential for all vehicles to have sufficient tread on the tires, functioning brakes and seat belts and all applicable certifications from the DMV
- Cleaning and detailing campervans
- Polished professional presence and demeanor
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to make decisions and work with little supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple tasks with a positive attitude
- Dynamic, organized, detailed and time management oriented
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self-confident, self-motivated, self-starter, flexible, results-oriented and success drive
- Ability to learn software applications used in the daily operations of the business
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college course work preferred
- 1 – 3 years of sales or customer service experience
- Must be 21 years of age and have a clean driving record.
- Experience in the travel/hospitality/customer service industry preferred, but not required
- Phone experience
- Camping/road trip travel experience a plus
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Remember to send your resume!